Product Developer | Premium Lifestyle/Streetwear | London
We're proud to be partnered with one of the most exciting premium lifestyle/streetwear brands on the market, as they're looking to bring onboard a Product Developer.
Built by a team of industry veterans from the likes of Nike, Gymshark, and Adidas, this brand blends cutting-edge technology with streetwear style to create aesthetically unique products that also deliver exceptional performance. (You'll see exactly what I mean when I share the link if you're interested).
Demand for their products is at an all-time high, with entire product lines selling out just minutes after releasing. They're looking to build on this momentum by introducing several new product categories.
Here's where you come in. These new product lines will be developed from scratch, embodying the same dedication and innovation that defines every item. You'll collaborate closely with their Design Director to bring these new product lines to life.
- Work closely with Design Director on all aspects of the development of new product lines.
- Perform fabric/trim research and coordinate launches with suppliers.
- Attend fit sessions from the initial design stage through to pre-production fitting, and record all comments and changes in design/fabric/trim/specs.
- Update and create tech packs with comments, diagrams and measurements.
- Ensure clear specs are communicated to factories in a timely manner, make sure all data is up-to-date/correct and follow up on any change.
- Provide technical specifications including grades and tolerances, and ensure grading rules are followed and sizing is consistent across the collection.
- Ensure samples are checked/measured prior to fitting and follow up with factories to submit spec charts/prices prior to fitting.
- Coordinate all relevant raw material and trims for development and production and manage stock checks of fabric/trims.
- Create carrier shipping labels for sampling and production, monitor delivery status, create POs in the internal system, manage the files (ie tracker) update/maintenance and supplier manual creation/maintenance.
- Ideally, 2-3+ years of work experience in garment tech, product development and/or Production.
- Multi categories (woven and stretch) experience preferred.
- Experience in measuring garments, attending fit sessions, recording & sending fit comments and sending out grading specs.
- Understanding of pattern cutting, good knowledge of fabrics, testing, technical components and sewing techniques, and experience reading/approving fabric/mill reports.
- Flexible, willing to learn and take part in all aspects of product life cycle and wide range of tasks.
- Strong admin, deadlines, organisational and attention to detail skills.
Thank you for your application. Due to the high number of applications we are, unfortunately, not able to provide individual feedback to every candidate at this stage of the process. If your application is successful, however, you should be hearing from us in due course.
In applying for this vacancy, you accept that your data will be processed by Consumer Additions. We take great care looking after your personal data and more information about this can be found on our website.